Gained some weight during lockdown, feeling fat at my gym job

One year update. I’m almost back to my highest weight ever. I’m 228 as of this morning, about 60 lbs this year. The changes are intense. I can’t see my toes over my fat gut; l had to lean over to see the scale. I have love handles and back fat and a big pot belly. I haven’t intentionally exercised in months and I’m sure I couldn’t do a sit up at all. I can’t even suck it in. Not that that would help, my ass and thighs (and arms and face) are fat too.

I still work at the same gym, but I mostly do admin stuff now. There was never a conversation about it or anything, but I do wonder if my transition from PT work to desk work was because of my weight gain. Not that I mind, I’m out of breath just walking to work, let alone walking around the gym all day. A comfy chair suits me. I went from a snug medium to being pinched and squeezed in an extra-large.
1 year

Gained some weight during lockdown, feeling fat at my gym job

I grew up kinda chubby (140 my senior of high school) and ballooned up in college to over 250 lbs, but I lost the weight back down to 145-ish and started getting more into fitness and became a group fitness instructor / personal trainer at a gym, stopped reading stories here, limited stuffing myself, etc. I guess I just never got rid of the weight gain itch and/or being lazy/gluttonous because I've been steadily getting heavier. Last looked at the scale at 165, but I can feel my leggings and sports bras are uncomfortably tight, I'm short of breath and embarrassingly jiggly when jogging, etc., especially my first week back post-lockdown closure. I was kinda shocked at the change.

I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of a turn on to get second looks when I turn up to walk a new client around the gym or guide them through the free introductory PT session. I imagine people are wondering what I'm doing there, especially when I'm fatter and more out of shape than the client. I do my own workout in front of the mirrors so I can notice how fat my belly looks trying to make it through like a third of my previous reps of crunches. So, I guess I'm back on the WG train for now.
3 years