Gaining

Testing with heavy/double cream

Hi, so for a long time I've struggled with putting on any weight, but recently got the motivation to try again using double cream (since I live in the UK) alongside my usual daily calories. I've searched through many forum posts, and from that I've decided on using it for 2 weeks to test it out (started it on Tuesday night) from my own research, but I still have a few questions:

Each day I'd be having around 300ml (1400 calories) of cream, and was wondering if this would be enough?

Is the 2 week period alright, or should I extend/decrease it.

If the period goes well, what kind of cycles should I go through, whilst keeping in mind the potential dangerous health impacts (eg 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off)?

Are there any other major health impacts I should be aware of due to the amount of fat content (150g per 300ml, 94g of which is saturated) since this wouldn't be my only fat content of the day.

I'll probably come back and give an update to how this goes if I can keep up with it (I hate the taste so I have to drink it with soda since I can't be bothered to get stuff for shakes).

Thanks.
1 week

Hmm I'd be down to try this WITH you. I have similar struggles gaining so maybe this could help. I could do some more research for us, but yeah, any reply/advice from anyone with exp would be really appreciated!
1 week

So this is my 5th day now, and I've decided for the rest of April starting today I'm gonna drink 600ml (2800 calories) of it per day. As long as I don't drink a huge amount at once I generally feel fine, so I'm not too worried about it.

My main concern is that it's super addicting, and whilst I am looking forward to hopefully getting past the plateau I've been at for a year, I'm honestly unsure if I'll be able to stop drinking it.
1 week

I kinda want to do this too. I’ve tried it before but I lost motivation because I went too hard to fast. How has it been so far if you started already?
5 days

Gothiccupcake:
I kinda want to do this too. I’ve tried it before but I lost motivation because I went too hard to fast. How has it been so far if you started already?

So far it's gone pretty well overall, and it's definitely best to work your way up by splitting it across the day instead of drinking it all at once so your body can adapt (my tolerance has for sure gone up now allowing me to drink more in 1 sitting whereas before I'd feel unwell). The main thing you gotta keep in mind is when you drink the cream though, as it's pretty filling, so it's best to do it maybe 30 minutes after eating a meal imo.

If you wanna try it then good luck. It has definitely softened me up so I'd personally say it's worth it smiley
5 days

Gothiccupcake:

KatieMilku:
So far it's gone pretty well overall, and it's definitely best to work your way up by splitting it across the day instead of drinking it all at once so your body can adapt (my tolerance has for sure gone up now allowing me to drink more in 1 sitting whereas before I'd feel unwell). The main thing you gotta keep in mind is when you drink the cream though, as it's pretty filling, so it's best to do it maybe 30 minutes after eating a meal imo.

If you wanna try it then good luck. It has definitely softened me up so I'd personally say it's worth it smiley

Oh sweet, glad to hear it’s working! How much have you been drinking everyday? I want to try like 500 ml per day, maybe starting with half that for a couple weeks though i wonder if that’s enough.
5 days

Gothiccupcake:
Oh sweet, glad to hear it’s working! How much have you been drinking everyday? I want to try like 500 ml per day, maybe starting with half that for a couple weeks though i wonder if that’s enough.

First of all just keep in mind where I live the cream is more calorie dense than heavy cream in the US, so the calories to ml won't be the same and it might be slightly easier to drink for you. I started on 300ml per day (for 1400 calories) and upped it to 600ml per day when I adapted enough to do so; personally I'd say experiment with what you can handle at first, and then slowly increase it as you see fit.
5 days