General

Is this fetish permanent?

Malvineous:
Here's my theory. From what I've read, the way memory works in your brain is by creating a neural pathway for the event. The more your brain travels that neural pathway (the more you think about it), the stronger it gets, and the easier to access next time. This is why people can easily forget what they had for breakfast yesterday, but they still remember things they had to memorize in school when they were 10 years old, even if it's knowledge that they don't find useful in their daily lives. In the first example, they only thought about it while it was happening and never returned to that neural pathway, whereas in the second, they had to think about it a lot, so they permanently made that memory strong in their minds.

I think fetishes work in a similar way. They create a neural pathway of a trigger, like 'fat = arousal', and the more that gets triggered in their brains, the stronger that connection becomes. Your interest in it may come and go (just like you can go years without thinking about a specific memory), but that connection is permanent and there's no way to weaken it. I think if you don't want to have certain fetishes, your best bet is to not expose your brain to them in the first place.

Baronbeta:
I think this checks out. I’ve tried to reduce the effect femdom has on me, even erase it by any means possible I found online, and nothing worked. I could put it to the back burner for a bit, but sooner or later, I’d hear a phrase from a person or TV, or see something that immediately triggered a response and it came flooding back.

Currently, I’m able to tel myself I don’t want to be fat and can eat a normal portion. And yet other times, like yesterday, I’m happily indulging in a double burger and fries from Shake Shake (my wife kept feeding me the fries wtf!) and snacking on available cookies. And yet I can tell myself I don’t want the extra weight…

I’m worried it’s already been neurally tied to my love of femdom and is just here to stay at this point…

I read somewhere that men like dominate women because they tend to communicate clearly and want to take a break from the oppressive societal expectations of manhood.

It seems to be the case with every sub I've ever met - including my own.

That said, if everything is safe, sane, consensual, and you are enjoying it, don't stress. You don't need to indulge the kink all the time - just when you want to. There's no rule that says you gotta be in feedee mode 24/7.

Just do what feels right to you.
2 weeks

Malvineous:
Here's my theory. From what I've read, the way memory works in your brain is by creating a neural pathway for the event. The more your brain travels that neural pathway (the more you think about it), the stronger it gets, and the easier to access next time. This is why people can easily forget what they had for breakfast yesterday, but they still remember things they had to memorize in school when they were 10 years old, even if it's knowledge that they don't find useful in their daily lives. In the first example, they only thought about it while it was happening and never returned to that neural pathway, whereas in the second, they had to think about it a lot, so they permanently made that memory strong in their minds.

I think fetishes work in a similar way. They create a neural pathway of a trigger, like 'fat = arousal', and the more that gets triggered in their brains, the stronger that connection becomes. Your interest in it may come and go (just like you can go years without thinking about a specific memory), but that connection is permanent and there's no way to weaken it. I think if you don't want to have certain fetishes, your best bet is to not expose your brain to them in the first place.

X_Larsson:
Mostly yes, but I have a bit of objection here. As western society is now (like so many other civilisations before us!) is now in a stage of moral decline, hedonism and depravation, we see the same pattern happen as in the roman empire, or the greek reign. This means a worsening normalisation of fetishes and kinks, which in turn means an ever growing exposure to normally repulsive, or at least unusual, scenarios and relations.

Compare the post 2015 world to what life was like in 1985, heck even in 1995! We did not have bearded "women" winning the Eurovision Song Contest, pride parades everywhere, SLEWS of mainstream movies about gay people, a massive promotion of body mutilation, BDSM, tattoos etc. Don't get me started on the pronounce debacle...

Now, everyone is just supposed to "accept" and "support" all these (objectively) rare manifestations, and they are given a huge display, front and center in so many places.

However, all the adult people in my social and professional circles, myself included, remain as disinterested and/or put off by this as we ever wore, in spite of the massive exposure.

So in some ways, we are not always becoming curious about, or more prone to deviations, even if we are repeatedly exposed to them in many different situations.

For me personally, the way feedism manifests, as well as what constitutes an ideal feeder/feedee couple relationship, has not really changed even after decades. That is also what other male feeders have stated about themselves.

However, like Malvineous says, it is not uncommon that people with certain fetishes add more fetishes to their sexual deisres, as they grow older / get more experienced in their previous fetishes.

For me, this is another indication that feedism itself is not a fetish (manifestation of sexual desire in an object, ie shoes or BDSM leather outfit), but rather a sexual identity, like homosexuality.

Who hurt you?
6 days

Malvineous:

X_Larsson:
Mostly yes, but I have a bit of objection here. As western society (like so many other civilisations before us!) is now in a stage of moral decline, hedonism and depravation, we see the same pattern happen as in the fall of the roman empire etc. This means a worsening normalisation of fetishes and kinks, which in turn means an ever growing exposure to normally repulsive, or at least unusual, scenarios and relations.

Compare the post 2015 world to what life was like in 1985, heck even in 1995! We did not have bearded "women" winning the Eurovision Song Contest, pride parades everywhere, SLEWS of mainstream movies about gay people, a massive promotion of body mutilation, BDSM, tattoos etc. Don't get me started on the pronounce debacle...

Now, everyone is just supposed to "accept" and "support" all these (objectively) rare manifestations, and they are given a huge display, front and center in so many places.

However, all the adult people in my social and professional circles, myself included, remain as disinterested and/or put off by this as we ever were, in spite of the massive and consistent exposure, year after year.

So in some ways, we are not always becoming curious about, or more prone to deviations, even if we are repeatedly exposed to them in many different situations.

For me personally, the way feedism manifests, as well as what constitutes an ideal feeder/feedee couple relationship, has not really changed even after decades. That is also what other male feeders have stated about themselves.

However, like Malvineous says and research shows, it is not uncommon that people with certain fetishes add more fetishes to their sexual deisres, as they grow older / get more experienced in their previous fetishes.

For me, this is another indication that feedism itself is not a fetish (manifestation of sexual desire in an object, ie shoes or BDSM leather outfit), but rather a sexual identity, like homosexuality.

Bigoted garbage like that has no place here.
6 days
123   loading