Lifestyle tips

Subcutaneous vs visceral fat

I loosely remember reading out here that heavy cream tended to lead to visceral fat which I’m trying mostly to avoid. I just want to be really soft and pillowy ideally subcutaneous heavy. That and some studies showing visceral to be more health problematic but tbh a lot of obesity studies are so obsessed with weight loss above all else they fail to actually say anything coherent. 🤷‍♀️
Oh my question being largely which diets cause more subcutaneous? (Of note: lactose intolerant & trying to avoid processed sugar. Also going through feminizing hrt! So it may affect this in theory)
1 month

I’ve mentioned this on other posts, but I’ll say it again even though it’s controversial/unpopular. The best way to gain subcutaneous fat instead of visceral is exercise. Exercise generally burns visceral fat BEFORE subcutaneous fat. Even if you just hit the gym 3 times a week it’ll make a huge difference, and your weight gain will be much more soft and healthy. That’s the reason sumo wrestlers are so healthy, they have minimal visceral fat from exercising so much
1 month

Danny823:
I’ve mentioned this on other posts, but I’ll say it again even though it’s controversial/unpopular. The best way to gain subcutaneous fat instead of visceral is exercise. Exercise generally burns visceral fat BEFORE subcutaneous fat. Even if you just hit the gym 3 times a week it’ll make a huge difference, and your weight gain will be much more soft and healthy. That’s the reason sumo wrestlers are so healthy, they have minimal visceral fat from exercising so much

I wouldn't say it's controversial so much as some (emphasis on some) feedists are afraid of exercise. They are scared that they'll lose weight, which is something they need to unpack.
1 month

Danny823:

That’s quite helpful. Whilst it does scare some I’m trying to go relatively easy on my body so it fits in just fine. Thanks for the tip!
1 month

Danny823:

Munchies:
I wouldn't say it's controversial so much as some (emphasis on some) feedists are afraid of exercise. They are scared that they'll lose weight, which is something they need to unpack.

Something you might find interesting is that at least from overlapping interactions with trans and feedist communities; some feedees/gainers seem to experience something akin to weight dysphoria where they feel uncomfortable being too small or afraid or slimming down at all. It’s not a 1to1 obviously but I’ve found the comparisons quite fascinating.
1 month

Danny823:

Munchies:

Nyarlep:
Something you might find interesting is that at least from overlapping interactions with trans and feedist communities; some feedees/gainers seem to experience something akin to weight dysphoria where they feel uncomfortable being too small or afraid or slimming down at all. It’s not a 1to1 obviously but I’ve found the comparisons quite fascinating.

I'm aware of it. There are a lot trans feedists. I'm on the outside of all this, but I feel like it hits trans AMABs harder than trans AFABs. There's a fear of looking too masculine when you exercise. That said, there are ways to exercise - even not on HRT - that won't make you look more masculine.

And if you are on HRT (especially estrogen) exercise is important for maintaining your bone health.
1 month

MarieTrans:
I don't go to the gym but I do get exercise, it's important for everyone to get some amount in whatever way

Yup. You don't gotta go to the gym to get exercise. You don't even need to by fancy equipment to do it either.

I remember growing up, my grandma would use cans as weights. My uncle would use us as dumbells.
1 month

Danny823:

Munchies:

Nyarlep:

Munchies:
I'm aware of it. There are a lot trans feedists. I'm on the outside of all this, but I feel like it hits trans AMABs harder than trans AFABs. There's a fear of looking too masculine when you exercise. That said, there are ways to exercise - even not on HRT - that won't make you look more masculine.

And if you are on HRT (especially estrogen) exercise is important for maintaining your bone health.

MarieTrans:
I have to add, as a Trans person who also talks to tons of other trans people, I haven't met many who say this. Some of those who aren't feedees exercise to look more feminine like with their butt and stuff. The only person I can think of who was against any exercise at all was very extreme with her fetish.

We might hang around different people. I've met several trans women and other AMAB people who are scared to work out lest they end up looking masculine. I'm not saying all trans femmes are like this.

I have encountered several who aren't. I've met some who are like how you describe and some who want to look like Amazon warriors.
4 weeks

I liked these replies.
And would be better for me to restart my fattening process.
Would have liked to know the role exercise should play out sometime ago. I realized at 293lbs that I maxed out my gaining progress. Had I exercised to whatever way is best. I would have been able to continue getting fatter. And in a much more appreciable way.
I had looked into the Sumo diet.
But I guess I just got carried away with eating and relaxing instead. Certainly would require more effort and time to first strategize a proper exercise routine and then to make it a weekly habit. At that rate I am like my own instructor, yet overeating at the same time to get fattened. It just seems so ridiculous to me.
I wonder what it would be like to lose 140lbs and start over again?
It been years of living in the lazy way. Fat an lazy. Out of coordination and hardly any flexibility. Oh man, well it's going to be a long day to continue as I have. And not meet up with a new modus operandi.
The way is not yet clear.....
3 weeks

Fattoo:
I liked these replies.
And would be better for me to restart my fattening process.
Would have liked to know the role exercise should play out sometime ago. I realized at 293lbs that I maxed out my gaining progress. Had I exercised to whatever way is best. I would have been able to continue getting fatter. And in a much more appreciable way.
I had looked into the Sumo diet.
But I guess I just got carried away with eating and relaxing instead. Certainly would require more effort and time to first strategize a proper exercise routine and then to make it a weekly habit. At that rate I am like my own instructor, yet overeating at the same time to get fattened. It just seems so ridiculous to me.
I wonder what it would be like to lose 140lbs and start over again?
It been years of living in the lazy way. Fat an lazy. Out of coordination and hardly any flexibility. Oh man, well it's going to be a long day to continue as I have. And not meet up with a new modus operandi.
The way is not yet clear.....

I think the problem tends to lie where fantasy and reality meet.

You can fantasize about whatever you like, but most of it has to stay in fantasy. There tend to be ... repercussions. You might be fine with some of them in the short term, but the longer you don't do things safely or mindfully, the more you suffer for it.

It's also why you can find a lot of 200 - 300 lbs feedists, but not as many 400+ lbs feedists.
3 weeks
12   loading