Feedback and suggestions

How to post image in forum?

Hi all!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but a rudimentary search didn't yield any results.

I was wondering how to put an image into a forum post or message? I see there's an "Img" button that inserts a set of Img & /Img tags, but what goes inside the tags?

A link to a locally stored image on my computer? (EX: C:/pictures/selfie.png)
A URL to an already-uploaded image on FF?
Any URL?
Something else?

I'd try some experiments for myself, but I don't want to spam the forums with test messages
1 month

SquishMaster:
Hi all!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but a rudimentary search didn't yield any results.

I was wondering how to put an image into a forum post or message? I see there's an "Img" button that inserts a set of Img & /Img tags, but what goes inside the tags?

A link to a locally stored image on my computer? (EX: C:/pictures/selfie.png)
A URL to an already-uploaded image on FF?
Any URL?
Something else?

I'd try some experiments for myself, but I don't want to spam the forums with test messages

You can use an image host like Imgur and post the url. I think the bbcode url is the one that works.
1 month

You can use the BB Code and use [img] [/img] tags to upload an image using the url.

Another way is to use the attachment option if you have the images saved to your device. You need to make the post first and then go back to your post in the forum and you will see icons in the bottom right of your post where you can edit (pencil icon) upload a photo as attachment (camera icon) or delete your post (bin icon), click the camera icon and use the file browser to upload your chosen image.

Hope this helps,
c00kie
FF Team
1 month

Is the bbcode something that you get when you upload an image to your profile?
1 month

SquishMaster:

BBCode is just a way to format your text and posts in the forums. You don't need to have an image uploaded to your profile to access it.

There's a short guide on how to use it here:

fantasyfeeder.com/articles/view

All you need is the image url to use the [img] [/img] BBCode tags

Again the easiest way to upload an image to the forums is to make a post, then use the image attachment button. So on your post above mine.... click on the camera icon at the bottom left (inbetween edit and delete). This will open an upload form, select your image and it will add it to the forum post.
1 month

SquishMaster:

FF Team:
BBCode is just a way to format your text and posts in the forums. You don't need to have an image uploaded to your profile to access it.

There's a short guide on how to use it here:

fantasyfeeder.com/articles/view

All you need is the image url to use the [img] [/img] BBCode tags

Again the easiest way to upload an image to the forums is to make a post, then use the image attachment button. So on your post above mine.... click on the camera icon at the bottom left (inbetween edit and delete). This will open an upload form, select your image and it will add it to the forum post.

Just wanted to add onto this.

Uploading the image is the easiest option, but it will always be at the bottom of the post. This may not work if you need the image in a specific location.

The BBCode is a valid option. However, it isn't always necessary. If you want to post an image from the web, you can right click it and select "Copy Image Link". If you past that into your forum post, you don't need to bother with the tag.

Keep in mind that if you do this straight from Google Images, the image link may go well over the character limit. If that happens, you may need to visit the page and copy the image link from there.
1 month