Stuffing

Smart and cheap foods for belly stuffing?

I feel like everyone resorts to “pizza, burgers, cake” but no one ever mentions foods like pasta. Insanely cheap, big portions per box, easy to cook and eat and stuff with, plus just add some butter and sauce and cheese and it’ll add some calories.
What are some at home simple, cheap and not garbage for you type foods?
2 months

I've mentioned this before somewhere else, but I feel like it's perfect here!

Maruchan ramen. Super quick, super versatile, full of carbs, it's one of the staples of my pantry and/or fridge.
2 months

Ligr77:

Maruchan ramen. Super quick, super versatile, full of carbs, it's one of the staples of my pantry and/or fridge.

If you stuff yourself with a lot of Maruchan ramen, I recommend not using the seasoning packet. If you are eating several bowls, you'll be retaining water for days.

That can get really uncomfy - especially if you have periods.

Instead, season the noodles yourself. You might even make something tastier.

As for the seasoning packets, set them aside. You can use them in a lot of other dishes. I highly recommend adding a packet to some rice, and added that rice to whatever meal you were about to make.

Game changer.
2 months

Ligr77:

Munchies:
If you stuff yourself with a lot of Maruchan ramen, I recommend not using the seasoning packet. If you are eating several bowls, you'll be retaining water for days.

That can get really uncomfy - especially if you have periods.

Instead, season the noodles yourself. You might even make something tastier.

As for the seasoning packets, set them aside. You can use them in a lot of other dishes. I highly recommend adding a packet to some rice, and added that rice to whatever meal you were about to make.

Game changer.

I will say, another thing I do is drain some of the water before I season, no matter what I season with.

That said, I have set aside the seasoning packet! And it is indeed a game changer!
1 month