Gaining

Heavy cream questions

PurpleJade:
I’ve had a few lingering questions/questions that I’ve seen answered and couldn’t find again. I just want to make sure I have the info right.

Why do people commonly do hc in sprints? (ie: some weeks on some weeks off.)

What is the absorption rate of hc? (ie: max hc at one time, such that your not wasting hc that doesn’t get absorbed.)

How the hell does delayed gain happen? From what I’ve read it seems like it’s definitely real, but I don’t understand why it happens.

Creamdemon:
Just personally speaking, I prefer to do HC "in sprints" because I enjoy rapid weight gain and it works very well. So whenever I push to gain for a few weeks I will need some time after that to adjust to the new weight.
It's also quite expensive to consume 6k calories/day for weeks in any kind of form and potential new clothes you need to buy whenever you hit another limit.
As for getting tired of it.. not really for me. I'm actually getting more and more addicted the deeper I am already. But at some point you just have to listen to your body, be reasonable and take a break for your health.

Which gets me to the next point:
The first few days are the worst and I would get a lot of trouble the next morning whenever I overdo it. But as soon as you find the right rhythm and dose, it seems the absorption rate and tolerance goes up by a lot. It also helps to not drink all of it in one sitting, but space it out over the day or integrate it into your meals and drinks (works very well with coffee+caramel for example). I personally prefer to chug it all at once before bed and enjoy the massive bloat as a good night.
In general it seems it actually provides you with the ~300 kcal/100ml as it promises. I gave up on counting exact calories.. But looking at my recent gains it definitely does its part.

About the delayed gains I have no idea. Kinda makes sense that it needs some time to "start working" but why you would gain more days after stopping doesn't seem logical to me and I never experienced it myself so far (though I would love to!).

Casual Gainer:
The delay could just be the remaining fat which was still be 'processed' and distributed through out the body, at least going by some hypothesis I've read.

Alternatively, I wonder if it's caused by the sudden drop in intake causing the body to think it's being 'starved' which can cause weight increase or people continuing to have a higher than previous food intake.

I doubt it. Your body goes into starvation mode due to long-term calorie deficits. People experience this weight increase even after a week of heavy cream gains. These gains often do not stick if the calorie consumption levels aren't sustained.

In order to go into starvation mode, you need to consume fewer daily calories than you need to function. Going from a calorie excess to eating enough to function isn't enough to trigger your body's starvation mode - especially if you are on a high-protein diet.

As I've said, the "delayed" weight gain effect isn't really delayed weight gain. Consuming heavy cream or its alternatives primes your body for more weight gain later. Diets high in fat spike your triglyceride levels. Your liver will break them down into glycerol and fatty acids in a process called lipolysis.

When these levels are high, this can lead to elevated insulin levels. What you eat during this time greatly determines if you will gain, maintain, or lose weight after consuming heavy cream. This is why some people report great success after a heavy cream binge, and others can't seem to make anything stick.
3 months

Heavy cream questions

PurpleJade:
I’ve had a few lingering questions/questions that I’ve seen answered and couldn’t find again. I just want to make sure I have the info right.

Why do people commonly do hc in sprints? (ie: some weeks on some weeks off.)

What is the absorption rate of hc? (ie: max hc at one time, such that your not wasting hc that doesn’t get absorbed.)

How the hell does delayed gain happen? From what I’ve read it seems like it’s definitely real, but I don’t understand why it happens.

Creamdemon:
Just personally speaking, I prefer to do HC "in sprints" because I enjoy rapid weight gain and it works very well. So whenever I push to gain for a few weeks I will need some time after that to adjust to the new weight.
It's also quite expensive to consume 6k calories/day for weeks in any kind of form and potential new clothes you need to buy whenever you hit another limit.
As for getting tired of it.. not really for me. I'm actually getting more and more addicted the deeper I am already. But at some point you just have to listen to your body, be reasonable and take a break for your health.

Which gets me to the next point:
The first few days are the worst and I would get a lot of trouble the next morning whenever I overdo it. But as soon as you find the right rhythm and dose, it seems the absorption rate and tolerance goes up by a lot. It also helps to not drink all of it in one sitting, but space it out over the day or integrate it into your meals and drinks (works very well with coffee+caramel for example). I personally prefer to chug it all at once before bed and enjoy the massive bloat as a good night.
In general it seems it actually provides you with the ~300 kcal/100ml as it promises. I gave up on counting exact calories.. But looking at my recent gains it definitely does its part.

About the delayed gains I have no idea. Kinda makes sense that it needs some time to "start working" but why you would gain more days after stopping doesn't seem logical to me and I never experienced it myself so far (though I would love to!).

Casual Gainer:
The delay could just be the remaining fat which was still be 'processed' and distributed through out the body, at least going by some hypothesis I've read.

Alternatively, I wonder if it's caused by the sudden drop in intake causing the body to think it's being 'starved' which can cause weight increase or people continuing to have a higher than previous food intake.

Munchies:
I doubt it. Your body goes into starvation mode due to long-term calorie deficits. People experience this weight increase even after a week of heavy cream gains. These gains often do not stick if the calorie consumption levels aren't sustained.

In order to go into starvation mode, you need to consume fewer daily calories than you need to function. Going from a calorie excess to eating enough to function isn't enough to trigger your body's starvation mode - especially if you are on a high-protein diet.

As I've said, the "delayed" weight gain effect isn't really delayed weight gain. Consuming heavy cream or its alternatives primes your body for more weight gain later. Diets high in fat spike your triglyceride levels. Your liver will break them down into glycerol and fatty acids in a process called lipolysis.

When these levels are high, this can lead to elevated insulin levels. What you eat during this time greatly determines if you will gain, maintain, or lose weight after consuming heavy cream. This is why some people report great success after a heavy cream binge, and others can't seem to make anything stick.

This is super helpful information, Munchies. Thank you for sharing it
2 months

Heavy cream questions

Munchies:

When these levels are high, this can lead to elevated insulin levels. What you eat during this time greatly determines if you will gain, maintain, or lose weight after consuming heavy cream. This is why some people report great success after a heavy cream binge, and others can't seem to make anything stick.[/quote]

For maximally efficient fat gain, when the triglycerides spike high enough for this to kick in, should we stay on heavy cream or switch completely?

As I hear some say it’s only when they went off the cream that they blew up.
2 months

Heavy cream questions

Munchies:

Sneederid:
For maximally efficient fat gain, when the triglycerides spike high enough for this to kick in, should we stay on heavy cream or switch completely?

As I hear some say it’s only when they went off the cream that they blew up.[/quote]

Your body needs breaks from heavy cream, so you shouldn't be on it every day anyway. Plus, some people end up losing weight when they are on heavy cream. This is because heavy cream sits heavy in the stomach. For some people, they end up eating less when they consume a lot of heavy cream.

How long you stay on heavy cream is up to you. Most will consume it for a few days or weeks at a time. Some will consume it for a few months. Do what works for you. I will say that some people handle heavy cream better when they cook with it.
2 months
12   loading