Story authors

Story upload

God is it really this hard to upload and edit a story or is it just me.

Maybe there's a tutorial on here.

Kinda hoping I can format and upload intact??

Thanks!
4 months

Story upload

So uploading isn’t too hard. From “my stories” in the sidebar/hamburger menu, click the button that says “new story”

Then you fill out the next page with the story info, and after that it takes you to a screen like this:

You can edit the title and the blurb, and at the bottom you add new chapters. The character count is pretty good but not unlimited. If you’re writing 5,000 word chapters, you’ll have to cut them in half or so. It might be 20,000 characters? But making a new chapter is easy enough.

Editing is pretty easy too. From the same Edit screen, scroll down to the chapter you want to work with and select the pencil at the bottom.

By default, stories start unpublished. When you’re done with all your editing and you have it where you want it, hit the publish button and it goes live.

If you have more questions just ask!

Oh, another thing is that the formatting in general sucks. You can’t indent paragraphs, so the convention is to add an extra break between paragraphs. Which, if you have a long story, sucks to have to go through and do (or undo), but it is what it is. You can leave the indents, they just won’t show up. There is also no italics or bold or underline, and story titles don’t use capitalization. Believe it or not, that last bit is on purpose. Crazy. Anyways, that’s that.
4 months

Story upload

Ah thank you! Between bandwidth issues, plus the ship is rolling hard (I work at sea) I kind of freaked when my upload just vomited up a bunch of text no spaces, no formatting. I imagined my debut work would be unreadable.

Well it may be actually, I've been afraid to look..

I came in at about 16000 characters and had to do the bullshit * for italics.

Anyway, thanks again. Kind of a big deal for me actually.
4 months