Gaining

Is it all about the calories or how often you eat or both?

I’m wanting to pack on some pounds, but I don’t want to go in blindly with raw force in eating as much as possible. Should I look to consuming as high in calories as I can, or eat just more often throughout the day, or a mixture of both? I also don’t want to fill my body with crazy unhealthy foods, occasionally I might wanna have a night to go crazy with McDonald’s, but I’m sure that can’t be an everyday thing. I also occasionally like to drink a gainer shake, though if it’s more recommended to use that to gain weight I might take it more routinely.
What are some methods of gain weight for yall?
5 months

Is it all about the calories or how often you eat or both?

MrOverstuffed:
I’m wanting to pack on some pounds, but I don’t want to go in blindly with raw force in eating as much as possible. Should I look to consuming as high in calories as I can, or eat just more often throughout the day, or a mixture of both? I also don’t want to fill my body with crazy unhealthy foods, occasionally I might wanna have a night to go crazy with McDonald’s, but I’m sure that can’t be an everyday thing. I also occasionally like to drink a gainer shake, though if it’s more recommended to use that to gain weight I might take it more routinely.
What are some methods of gain weight for yall?

There are lots of ways to gain weight. Some methods are inherently better than others while others are subjective. That said, there are something things to keep in mind.

- You will not use all of the calories you eat. Some of it will end up in the toilet

- Consistency is key. An occasional food binge will not lead to any (if at all) significant weight gain.

- How much you gain depends on your metabolism.

- Not all calories are created equal. Keep this in mind when making food choices.

- Read the nutrition labels. The more serving sizes you eat, the more salt, sugar, fat, etc you consume.

- Have fun. If you aren't having fun, you're doing it wrong.
5 months