Gaining

How long until my appetite starts to grow?

I've always had an incredibly small appetite. I'll eat a fourth of a normal meal and be full for hours. This has resulted in me winding up nearly underweight. I'm tired of being boney and so thin clothes never fit right. I don't want to get super fat, just softer and chubby (maybe just over the 'overweight' bmi).
I've been trying to eat more in the last week since I decided to gain some, but it's so difficult for me to get enough calories, even just to cover my BMR. I'll have a moderately large breakfast and be full until dinner or eat a small snack and have to skip lunch. How long did it take for this to change for you? I'm so jealous of people who are able to just eat and eat.
I'm looking to gain fairly slowly, as when I've tried to go faster in the past it causes my IBS to flare up, so I'm not really interested in methods involving things like heavy cream right now.
6 months

Amijustcurious:
I've always had an incredibly small appetite. I'll eat a fourth of a normal meal and be full for hours. This has resulted in me winding up nearly underweight. I'm tired of being boney and so thin clothes never fit right. I don't want to get super fat, just softer and chubby (maybe just over the 'overweight' bmi).
I've been trying to eat more in the last week since I decided to gain some, but it's so difficult for me to get enough calories, even just to cover my BMR. I'll have a moderately large breakfast and be full until dinner or eat a small snack and have to skip lunch. How long did it take for this to change for you? I'm so jealous of people who are able to just eat and eat.
I'm looking to gain fairly slowly, as when I've tried to go faster in the past it causes my IBS to flare up, so I'm not really interested in methods involving things like heavy cream right now.

Have you sought medical attention for this? There's a lot of different treatments for underweight people - including appetite boosters and weight gain supplements. Considering your IBS and poor appetite, this could also be indicative of something else.
6 months

Have you sought medical attention for this?

Yes. We've ruled out anything serious, but haven't been able to find any particular cause
6 months

Amijustcurious:
Yes. We've ruled out anything serious, but haven't been able to find any particular cause

That's good. But I'd still bring up these options with your doctor. Fetish aside, you might find it helpful.

That said, what does a normal day of eating look like for you. That way we can see if there are small things you can tweak.
6 months

Amijustcurious:

That's good. But I'd still bring up these options with your doctor. Fetish aside, you might find it helpful.

That said, what does a normal day of eating look like for you. That way we can see if there are small things you can tweak.
6 months

I tend to graze a lot. Trying to eat more regular meals ends up making me eat less overall as they keep me full longer. Lately I've been relying on sugary things to meet my calorie goals, which I'd prefer to avoid long term.
6 months

Amijustcurious:
I tend to graze a lot. Trying to eat more regular meals ends up making me eat less overall as they keep me full longer. Lately I've been relying on sugary things to meet my calorie goals, which I'd prefer to avoid long term.

Have you tried nuts?
6 months