Food and recipes

Glaze

This is a recipe for a simple glaze you can use to add an easy calorie boost and improved flavor to baked goods. You could try putting it on other things too, but it might taste bad if you put it on something unorthodox.

1 part whole milk
9 parts powdered sugar

Whisk them together with a whisk in the smallest bowl they’ll fit in without spilling and quickly coat whatever you want glazed before it can harden.

Let the glazed food dry for 20 minutes minimum, but the longer the better.

You have to use the glaze right away or it hardens in the bowl, so make sure you don’t leave it sitting out in a bowl, wash the bowl quickly when you’re done.

It’s really simple but it’s so delicious. I made some gingerbread cookies and tried it on them, and while I’d usually only eat a couple of these cookies a day because they’re not my favorite, with the glaze I was able to eat the whole batch in under a week.

I’d like to try making it with heavy cream instead of milk sometime and see if it still works well, but I haven’t tried it yet. If anyone else tries it, let me know how it goes. I suspect it might be a good idea to use more cream than you would milk to get the right consistency, since cream is thicker, maybe changing the ratio to 1:8 would work.
9 months

Glaze

Finickyfeedee:
This is a recipe for a simple glaze you can use to add an easy calorie boost and improved flavor to baked goods. You could try putting it on other things too, but it might taste bad if you put it on something unorthodox.

1 part whole milk
9 parts powdered sugar

Whisk them together with a whisk in the smallest bowl they’ll fit in without spilling and quickly coat whatever you want glazed before it can harden.

Let the glazed food dry for 20 minutes minimum, but the longer the better.

You have to use the glaze right away or it hardens in the bowl, so make sure you don’t leave it sitting out in a bowl, wash the bowl quickly when you’re done.

It’s really simple but it’s so delicious. I made some gingerbread cookies and tried it on them, and while I’d usually only eat a couple of these cookies a day because they’re not my favorite, with the glaze I was able to eat the whole batch in under a week.

I’d like to try making it with heavy cream instead of milk sometime and see if it still works well, but I haven’t tried it yet. If anyone else tries it, let me know how it goes. I suspect it might be a good idea to use more cream than you would milk to get the right consistency, since cream is thicker, maybe changing the ratio to 1:8 would work.

Fatmanrocker:
would this work with heavy cream?

As I said in the post, I haven’t tried it with heavy cream yet, but I think it would work. You just might need to use more heavy cream than you would milk, since heavy cream is thicker.
9 months