Story authors

Alternate worlds where one sex is fat and the other thin. do you like/dislike this story concept

Tentacles:
I find this idea strangely fascinating not sure why. Dunno how much storytelling potential or not there is.

I absolutely hate it because of how it plays into a lot of sexism and power imbalances in every single story I've read with that concept. Adding to it, there are some cultures irl with similar ideas and they do not treat their women very well. This includes cultures with thin women and fat men as well as fat women and thin men.
10 months

Alternate worlds where one sex is fat and the other thin. do you like/dislike this story concept

Tentacles:
I find this idea strangely fascinating not sure why. Dunno how much storytelling potential or not there is.

Munchies:
I absolutely hate it because of how it plays into a lot of sexism and power imbalances in every single story I've read with that concept. Adding to it, there are some cultures irl with similar ideas and they do not treat their women very well. This includes cultures with thin women and fat men as well as fat women and thin men.

I think those would be the traps to avoid if someone was going to write a story like that, for sure.

Birds could be an interesting species to model off of, but once you start giving an animal consciousness and free will and all of that, you start running into power imbalances.
10 months

Tentacles:

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:
I think those would be the traps to avoid if someone was going to write a story like that, for sure.

Birds could be an interesting species to model off of, but once you start giving an animal consciousness and free will and all of that, you start running into power imbalances.

I am a firm believer in that you can make a good story out of anything. I think that there is a way to explore a world that has strict body expectations enmeshed with gender roles in a way that isn't supportive of such sexism.

However, I have never seen such a story like that - especially not in kink space. I've been reading feedist erotica for about a decade now - maybe more. These sorts of stories tend to be the most sexist of them all.

Imo, the only way to pull that off is to make a story about rejecting societal norms. But even that would need to be handled with great care because it runs the risk of being fatphobic or thin-shaming.
10 months

Tentacles:

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:

Munchies:
I am a firm believer in that you can make a good story out of anything. I think that there is a way to explore a world that has strict body expectations enmeshed with gender roles in a way that isn't supportive of such sexism.

However, I have never seen such a story like that - especially not in kink space. I've been reading feedist erotica for about a decade now - maybe more. These sorts of stories tend to be the most sexist of them all.

Imo, the only way to pull that off is to make a story about rejecting societal norms. But even that would need to be handled with great care because it runs the risk of being fatphobic or thin-shaming.

Writing is hard! Good sci-fi especially. I’m no good at it, personally. It’s hard! I hope the OP writes something good.
10 months

I think a lot of the problem with the stories like this that are already out there is that they're framed through the lens of "wouldn't it be sexy if..." and then proceed to forget that imposing an arbitrary appearance standard, gendered or otherwise, is inherently oppressive.

What might be refreshing is to read a story that explores the sentiment of "I get why holding everyone of a certain gender to a weight based expectation is sketchy even if I, the reader/protagonist, find the results attractive," or, better yet, "Even though I belong to the group that's supposed to be thin/the feeder, I'd rather be fat/the feedee".
10 months

I think it's extremely hard to write something good, actually good out of it. For the reasons the previous people here have already expressed.
As a fetish fantasy just to get people off, i guess it is... fine, but anything deeper will crush into rocks of oppression and it won't go well.

I do try to write a story of a similar theme where it's not one gender fat and the other thin but it's an ancient /utopian / fantasy mix where there is a matriarchical society, so one gender is dominant, but this, as i said, is utopian

And the oppression that goes with domination simply doesn't exist in that world because the people that are in the dominant positions actually care for the others' feelings and lives, and i mean that on the best way.

So make sure to drown out all the negative realities that comes with what you suggest in the title.

And also think carefully about what's the purpose of that story! For example with my story i put it in the way i did because i feel that's a good way to mix what turns me on, and i also wanted to highlight how importand love is. Because if you think about it if one person is dominant over others but caring, then it's love what keeps this balance away from barbarism!

And please, let me know what you think about what i just wrote!
10 months

Enas:
I think it's extremely hard to write something good, actually good out of it. For the reasons the previous people here have already expressed.
As a fetish fantasy just to get people off, i guess it is... fine, but anything deeper will crush into rocks of oppression and it won't go well.

I do try to write a story of a similar theme where it's not one gender fat and the other thin but it's an ancient /utopian / fantasy mix where there is a matriarchical society, so one gender is dominant, but this, as i said, is utopian

And the oppression that goes with domination simply doesn't exist in that world because the people that are in the dominant positions actually care for the others' feelings and lives, and i mean that on the best way.

So make sure to drown out all the negative realities that comes with what you suggest in the title.

And also think carefully about what's the purpose of that story! For example with my story i put it in the way i did because i feel that's a good way to mix what turns me on, and i also wanted to highlight how importand love is. Because if you think about it if one person is dominant over others but caring, then it's love what keeps this balance away from barbarism!

So ... reverse harem anime where MC is Just Some Guy (TM) and all the pretty ladies love him. A classic choice.

And I wouldn't say it's love so much as it is about mutual respect. You don't have to love someone to do right by them.
10 months

Enas:

Munchies:
So ... reverse harem anime where MC is Just Some Guy (TM) and all the pretty ladies love him. A classic choice.

And I wouldn't say it's love so much as it is about mutual respect. You don't have to love someone to do right by them.

πŸ˜‚ Not really a harem because they don't keep the guys locked, i dont know how to describe it but it's more like the women (mostly) make the importand choices but they care for the men too!

Also yes mutual respect is what's needed but alone it's just... Boring! Love brings so much joy to life, in the meantime!
10 months

Enas:

Munchies:

Enas:
πŸ˜‚ Not really a harem because they don't keep the guys locked, i dont know how to describe it but it's more like the women (mostly) make the importand choices but they care for the men too!

Also yes mutual respect is what's needed but alone it's just... Boring! Love brings so much joy to life, in the meantime!

That's not what I mean, Enas. A reverse harem/harem is a trope. Although, I suppose this would actually be a harem since the MC is a guy and not a woman.

For more information:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HaremGenre

Also, you need to stop thinking about respect being boring. Respect is integral. If you cannot respect someone, you cannot love them. Speaking from experience as an abuse survivor.
10 months