Video performers

Disguising voice?

I like writing weight gain hypnosis scripts and would theoretically like to record them and post videos because there isn’t enough of this sort of content out there, but I am not willing to risk someone recognizing my voice and connecting the videos to my real life.

Is there any way to convincingly disguise your voice that doesn’t also make it unpleasant to listen to?

Alternately, are there any voice synthesizers out there that don’t sound awful with spoken word and are fairly easy to use for a beginner?
1 year

Disguising voice?

I thought this said disgusting at first.
Anyway, try talking differently than you typically do. If you're normally loud and clear, be soft and smoky. If you're normally soft, be stern.
Most hypnosis videos I've seen also depend on some kind of distorted ambience.
All in all, also realize the likelihood of recognition IRL is very small from something faceless online.
1 year

Disguising voice?

Another potential option: maybe collaborate with someone? You write, they record?

I'm also interested in natural sounding voice changers... but that's mostly for D&D smiley

Edit: if you want to record it yourself, and have a mac, garageband might work well enough. Esp. if you're down to change the gender presentation of your voice (e.g., you practice resonating your voice differently, and then use the software to change the pitch).

Mobile version might work for this too? Not sure.
1 year

Disguising voice?

Greentrees8733:
Another potential option: maybe collaborate with someone? You write, they record?

I'm also interested in natural sounding voice changers... but that's mostly for D&D smiley

Edit: if you want to record it yourself, and have a mac, garageband might work well enough. Esp. if you're down to change the gender presentation of your voice (e.g., you practice resonating your voice differently, and then use the software to change the pitch).

Mobile version might work for this too? Not sure.

Collaboration is perfect in theory, but requires finding someone who would be willing to do it, and I haven’t had luck with that in the past. I would only want to do this for free, as a gift to the community, and I wouldn’t want to directly approach a content creator about that since they understandably are trying to earn some cash most of the time and I haven’t got any to offer them. If anyone’s interested in doing it for fun and making it freely available, though, do let me know!

Garageband is worth a shot, I’ll try it out and see if I can get it to work. I’m not concerned at all about what gender it sounds like, so that might be a good solution.
1 year

Disguising voice?

Hello there! To answer your question about being found....

I've been doing my online hypnosis, and even tied my masked face to it, for over a year now, and I'm gradually getting more and more comfortable with having things published on the nets...

Just remember how absolutely HUGE the world is, and how slim (hehe slim) the chances are of you being found REALLY are
1 year

Disguising voice?

Finickyfeedee:
[…] but I am not willing to risk someone recognizing my voice and connecting the videos to my real life.

Is there any way to convincingly disguise your voice that doesn’t also make it unpleasant to listen to?

Unless there’ve been a lot of people with whom you’ve spoken softly and intimately in your life, the difference between your natural soft, intimate, restful hypnotic voice and your normal speaking voice is likely enough that few if any will recognize you by your recorded voice, since most people hear your/our/everyone’s regular full volume speaking voice(s) routinely in everyday life.

Practice soft-spoken close mic work (mouth close to the microphone) with whatever you’re using, and you’ll notice the difference. This will automatically sound natural rather than weird/processed.
1 year