Artists and animators

Good fat body references?

Does anyone know of any good places to find photo references and figure drawing resources of specifically fat bodies?

There's tons of anatomy reference of thin or muscular people, and that's fine, but I really want to learn how to capture the beauty of fat bodies and I've been having a hell of a time finding good resources.
2 years

Good fat body references?

IndiSente13:
Does anyone know of any good places to find photo references and figure drawing resources of specifically fat bodies?

There's tons of anatomy reference of thin or muscular people, and that's fine, but I really want to learn how to capture the beauty of fat bodies and I've been having a hell of a time finding good resources.

I’ve got the perfect thing for you. It’s called “Morpho: Anatomy for Artists: Fat and Skin Folds” by Michel Lauricella. It’s kinda hard to find and it’s not very big but it’s something. Because you’re right, the vast overwhelming majority of artist reference books have thin/fit figures and absolutely no body type diversity whatsoever. It’s obnoxious.
2 years