Artists and animators

For fat art, do you prefer fanart or original characters?

Usually OCs, unless I'm getting really strong feedee vibes off a character in a show. Of course, as someone with a lot of OCs myself, many of which have fun concepts and costumes, I'm always flattered when a reader wants to draw fan art of ~my~ OCs...but most of my OCs are either already fat, or they get fat by the end of the story, since I'm a feedism fetish writer.
1 year

Another one here to chime in with "OC." Sometimes I wish I could do "fan art" because so many people do seem to like (whether they're fattened versions or not) but I guess for me there really is no well-known franchise or series that I'm such a big fan of that I'd want to spend anytime recreating the characters. I'm for more interested in developing my own characters, especially since I'm a writer as well as an artist/illustrator.
1 year

EmilyW:
But what if it is fan art of your original character? Then what?

Oh, I'm so lost today, I think I need some milkshake to help me think.

I mean, if you think about it, just about every fandom is centered around OCs. Star Trek, Star Wars, Avatar: The Last Airbender ... all OCs.

I've got a friend who makes comics. His OCs get fan art all the time.

So, if you own the character and commision someone to draw fat art, it isn't fan art. But if someone is a fan of your work, and draws fat art of them or commissions someone to do it for them, then it is fan art.
1 year

EmilyW:
But what if it is fan art of your original character? Then what?

Oh, I'm so lost today, I think I need some milkshake to help me think.

I supposed I'd be flattered if someone chose to draw some "fan art" of one or more of my characters. I'll be the first to admit that as a self-taught/untrained artist that my sense of character design lacks the sophistication of many others, but I am always pleased when someone reacts positively to something I've created, even if it's just a nice "thumbs up" or encouraging comment.

Enjoy your milkshake, Emily. smiley
1 year

Little of both. It's always fun seeing people draw your favorite characters look fat but its also nice to see fat characters as well.
1 month

if it's just pinup sort of stuff (like a single drawing, for example) i don't think it matters - original or existing characters, it all depends on the execution and the idea behind it.

for story-based stuff, like comics, i prefer o.c. material. i have seen some excellent fan-fiction comics on deviant art, but they kind of have no where to go, you know? ray norr, i think, did some amazing fat lois lane work a few years ago, but most fan art is interesting but i can't even remember it now, you know?

there are some amazing ongoing original comics being posted on d.a. though - annonnyxz's revenge series is incredible! better-with-salt has done some cool stories, and fatgirl33's ponderous woman and michelles diary comics are great too.
1 month
12   loading