Artists and animators

Thinking of making a zine

This is something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. Something that combines my artwork, poetry, stories and other ramblings. Maybe even some graphic-novel serial comics and some music.

Anyone here have experience with something like this?
2 years

ljrockarts:
This is something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. Something that combines my artwork, poetry, stories and other ramblings. Maybe even some graphic-novel serial comics and some music.

Anyone here have experience with something like this?

I have no experience but I LOVE the idea - I love Zines! I feel like they were already vanishing when I really got to the age to appreciate them, they were kind of gone almost... It is so great to see them having a comeback in a small way!
2 years

amazingem:
I have no experience but I LOVE the idea - I love Zines! I feel like they were already vanishing when I really got to the age to appreciate them, they were kind of gone almost... It is so great to see them having a comeback in a small way!

As a kid in junior high, I used to make a little comic zine filled with the twisted sort of humor that thirteen year old boys love. I never made copies of it and distributed it though, I only passed it around to my friends. Part of me feels like I missed my calling by never pursuing it further. Now that I am finally comfortable with sharing my art and stories with the community, it seems like it might be a good time to get back into it.

The question would be, I suppose, is would the same folks who are willing to check my stuff out online be willing to order a paper-product and wait for it? Is there a crossover between the BBW/BHM/FA/WG scene and the "zine" collector fanbase?
2 years

consider using kindle publishing
1 year