Story authors

What are the best categories for organizing our stories?

hiccupx:
You will be able to choose as many or few filters as you want to limit or expand your results. Comments welcome.

Does “filters” mean both Genre and Tags?

Genre:
* Contemporary Fiction (Work/Politics/Replationships)

This one’s not clear to me. It also brings up whether there should be tags for the story time setting:

Story Time Setting:
* Contemporary
* Historical

(I concur with all the entries i deleted in this reply.)

Tags:

* BHM
* Transgender male
* Transgender female

Add:
* Intersex

Sexual orientation:
* Streight
* Gay
* Lesbien

Add:
* Pansexual
* Polysexual
* Polyamorous

Seems like the genders are handled in the category above, so really Gay/Lesbian would be one entry. Or replace Straight with Opposite Sex and Gay/Lesbian with Same Sex.

Body transformation:
* Feminization

Well, i guess this is OK because fat tends to be feminizing. Something more general like TG still makes sense to me. I’m imagining a frail, thin woman who gains a lot of both muscle and fat and becomes a powerful sumo wrestler as a fat masculinization. (Just an idea. I don’t personally have a story like that.)

Options:
* X-rated
* Graphic Novel

Does Graphic Novel mean Has Images? Or very explicit words?
I’d replace X-rated with something more directly meaningful like Explicit Sex.

Generally it seems very workable. Here’s a major feature request: how about in addition to being able to seek on the above, another field/area to enter items to block: a Not These function?

Let’s say i’m a reader, and Vore triggers me (or i hate it). I’d like to be able to put it in the Not field to ensure that any stories with it are actively excluded, rather than me stumbling into them even though i didn’t select that tag (because i selected other tags and the story matched those). Multiple items should be allowed here as well.

This arrangement also has the benefit that if a writer tries to over-tag their story (to get more potential reader tag hits), they’ll lose some readers. This may help drive the system towards more accurate tagging.
2 years

Anyone heard if there's going to be keyword searches added as a function, or the option to block certain forms of content? It seems like a natural step. In my case I hate death feedism but I like stories with vore.
2 years

My only suggestion is make it so we can choose multiple categories for the transformation. Because usually what I’m writing about/looking for isn’t just immobility, it’s weight gain that leads to immobility, which most of the time doesn’t matter, but sometimes stories that are just about immobility and not the journey there end up in my searches. I guess simply adding an XWG category would be an easy fix, but still
1 year

hiccupx:
Definately! How wouild you categorize our stories. Please post below.

LoraDayton:
Well I did already describe this a bit in an earlier comment: model the AO3 system. Otherwise, this forum really does not lend itself to describing what kind of organization needs to happen and quite frankly I already pay full price for this site, I don't do that kind of work for free lol.

I have to concur. AO3 does it best. If FF could do even half of what they do, then they'd be set.

That being said, don't group the tags. For example, you've grouped vore, cannibalism, and death. These are not inherently related. It is possible to have one without the other.

I'm not into any of these, but if I wanted a death story without the vore, I'd have to wade through the vore. Or if I wanted vore with no death, I'd have to wade through those stories. And it may not be obvious which kinda of story I'll get until I read it.

In short, tag things with the readers in mind. Give us more control over the stories we want to see. People are going to abuse the system no matter what, but if you give the readers control, it will prevent some of this abuse in the long run.
1 year

FA Ghoster Writer:
I know the original query was about search categories, but I'd like to add that I wish the default on General was for newest stories to be displayed and not the recommended stories.

I know the old system was open to abuse, as people might just edit a word and then republish to get back at the top of the listings, but I would regularly click on Stories to see what was new. Now I rarely look at stories because it looks like the same 'best sellers' everytime.

A top bar button that just switched to "Newest" would be great.

P.S. I have huge appreciation for the site Admins. You do an amazing job. Thank you.

Speaking of, how does one get their story featured? I've written two stories on here. One got featured (FF added an audio version of every chapter - pretty cool) and the other one is not. I don't really care if the other one gets featured or not, but I would like to understand the system.
1 year
123   loading