Video performers

Premium story authors - update

Hi all,

We recently had a question from one of our earning account authors, and thought that we would share our response with you all below as there are some helpful tips.

The premium feature was last updated in February 2020, to ensure all premium uploads were made through the My Earnings page, instead of the pics, videos and stories sections. This was done so that new earners would see the help videos and allow us to post tips and advice to the page. It shouldn't have affected the way commissions are earnt.

We frequently analyse the stats looking to see if there are any trends as to what makes a high earning story. Our top story has now earnt close to $1000 and our top author monthly income is over $300. There doesn't yet seem to be a winning formula that I can suggest guaranteeing success, however some notable trends are:

* The same authors seem to consistently do well.

* The top earning stories have many chapters (upwards of 10-15).

* All kinds of characters and themes can do well (e.g. straight, gay, lesbian, male female, weight gain, romance etc). Success does not seem to depend on any particular genre.

* A high position on the listings page does seem to be important, although users will scroll down and even search for stories they like.

* Previewing stories may reduce commissions. It seems better to have some free stories as examples of your work and then upload complete premium stories to earn commissions.

Overall it seems to me that the main influence is (perhaps unsurprisingly) the quality of the writing and storytelling. My main advice for now is this:

* Remember that your story description and thumbnail is your shop window, so these need to be top rate. Find a good quality and relevant image and make the description enticing. Focus the description solely on selling the story it's designed for. Also remember if you're advertising and selling the story elsewhere, this may reduce your Fantasy Feeder sales.

Hope this helps!

c00kie
FF Team
4 years