Gaining

Psych meds

Ursula:
I drank antipsychotics and antidepressants, and I still drink. Indeed, many of them increase weight, especially neuroptics
Specifically respiridon, triftazine, olanzapine and clozapine(I live in Russia, so the trade names may be different)
You can gain up to 20 kg per month and so on

MottiF:
Holly molly! That’s sick! Why gaining weight with meds intentionally? Better eat fattening foods!

Just to clarify: I completely disapprove of using meds to gain (or lose) weight. I was merely observing that for the brief time I was prescribed Mirtazapine, I did notice some quite dramatic weight gain.
9 months

Psych meds

Ursula:
I drank antipsychotics and antidepressants, and I still drink. Indeed, many of them increase weight, especially neuroptics
Specifically respiridon, triftazine, olanzapine and clozapine(I live in Russia, so the trade names may be different)

MottiF:
Holly molly! That’s sick! Why gaining weight with meds intentionally? Better eat fattening foods!

VisibleBellyOutline:
Just to clarify: I completely disapprove of using meds to gain (or lose) weight. I was merely observing that for the brief time I was prescribed Mirtazapine, I did notice some quite dramatic weight gain.

Yes, I'd say the top 3 medications that will make you gain weight are: Mirtazapine, Olanzapine and Depo-Provera.
9 months

Psych meds

Ursula:

MottiF:

VisibleBellyOutline:

Glitter Jelly:
Yes, I'd say the top 3 medications that will make you gain weight are: Mirtazapine, Olanzapine and Depo-Provera.

Depo-Provera for sure makes you blow up. I was on it for its intended purpose for a while and although I had to change to a different birth control due to other side effects, I gained more weight on Depo without putting in effort than I usually do trying my hardest during gaining cycles. I wish I could get back on it again, especially because I also preferred it over my current birth control for several other reasons, but sadly it takes such a bite out of your bone density that I can’t get back on it safely and probably won’t be able to for many more years, if ever. If you ever take it, be sure to keep up with your DEXA scans to be sure your bones are OK.
8 months

Psych meds

Ursula:

MottiF:

VisibleBellyOutline:

Glitter Jelly:

Finickyfeedee:
Depo-Provera for sure makes you blow up. I was on it for its intended purpose for a while and although I had to change to a different birth control due to other side effects, I gained more weight on Depo without putting in effort than I usually do trying my hardest during gaining cycles. I wish I could get back on it again, especially because I also preferred it over my current birth control for several other reasons, but sadly it takes such a bite out of your bone density that I can’t get back on it safely and probably won’t be able to for many more years, if ever. If you ever take it, be sure to keep up with your DEXA scans to be sure your bones are OK.

Out of curiosity - how much weight did you gain while on it.

One of my girl friends - friends a long time ago went on it and in no time she gained a bunch of weight. When I saw and my girl friend told me why she gained so much weight I tried to get my girlfriend on it - she laughed knowing I like her fat, but she said she couldn’t take it because she was so sensitive to birth control as it was and found one that worked well for her. Her formed probably packed on 40 pounds in as little as 4-5 months is what she mentioned.
4 months

Psych meds

I am overwhelmingly curious, is the weight gain caused by these meds more related to appetite increases? The way people are talking about them here you would think the medication makes you fatter on its own.
4 months

Psych meds

StoryEnjoyer:
I am overwhelmingly curious, is the weight gain caused by these meds more related to appetite increases? The way people are talking about them here you would think the medication makes you fatter on its own.

There is for sure some metabolic fuckery going on. I have abnormal body chemistry but I was on zyprexa (olanzapine) for a while and gained like 20 pounds in 2 months with little to no actual change in amount I ate. Given I’m on half a dozen other meds but it in particular messed with my body a bit.
4 months

Psych meds

StoryEnjoyer:

Nyarlep:
There is for sure some metabolic fuckery going on. I have abnormal body chemistry but I was on zyprexa (olanzapine) for a while and gained like 20 pounds in 2 months with little to no actual change in amount I ate. Given I’m on half a dozen other meds but it in particular messed with my body a bit.

That is actually incredibly interesting. Probably not something that would be easy to find, or is well published. But the implications that the medication can impact the metabolic rate to that extent is impressive.
4 months

Psych meds

Ursula:

MottiF:

VisibleBellyOutline:

Glitter Jelly:

Finickyfeedee:

I didn’t know my wife yet years ago when she also gained a lot of weight on depo. Said it was in shot form. She had already gained almost a hundred pounds with her first child, then went on depo where she says she got pregnant anyway with her second, plus got even fatter.
4 months

Psych meds

Ursula:

MottiF:

VisibleBellyOutline:

Glitter Jelly:

Finickyfeedee:

Voluptuouslover:
Out of curiosity - how much weight did you gain while on it.

One of my girl friends - friends a long time ago went on it and in no time she gained a bunch of weight. When I saw and my girl friend told me why she gained so much weight I tried to get my girlfriend on it - she laughed knowing I like her fat, but she said she couldn’t take it because she was so sensitive to birth control as it was and found one that worked well for her. Her formed probably packed on 40 pounds in as little as 4-5 months is what she mentioned.

It’s been a long time so I’m not sure of the exact number, but it was 20 or 30 pounds in a little under a year, without trying. That probably sounds like a small gain to people used to feedee gain numbers, but when I started Depo, I had struggled to gain any weight for my whole life and was on the verge of actually starving to death because of how much I hated to eat (rarely getting more than 1000 calories in a day, often closer to 500), and although I didn’t keep track it didn’t FEEL like I was eating that much more than I had been before while on it.

Even after quitting Depo because of the other side effects, and even after many ED relapses, I never lost most of that weight and it’s been much easier (still tough, but not impossible anymore) to gain more weight. That can’t all be attributed to Depo, I’ve also worked hard to improve my relationship with food in the years since then and now actually DO eat a lot more than I used to, but I think it changed how my body holds onto fat. My total gain since my low point is around 50 pounds, or 58 if you want to be generous and count the weight I’ve lost recently due to being overwhelmed at work.

Someday when my health can handle it I want to go back on Depo and see what happens if I actually try my hardest to gain while on it, like with heavy cream and everything… I think the results would be nothing short of shocking.
3 months

Psych meds

I haven’t taken any of these but I hear about people gaining weight on various medications all the time. The pharmaceutical industry produces all the poisons possible to put you in a bad position health wise. They sell only treatments, no cures. Healthy people are not easy to profit off of.

That being said, I have had many fantasies about uncontrollable weight gain from medication or hypnosis/brainwashing. It seems fun if you want that but it is also terribly painful for millions so I feel bad fantasizing about it sometimes.
1 month
123   loading