Story authors

What are the best categories for organizing our stories?

We are currently in the process of re-categorizing the stories to make them easier to search. To do this we logged the searches currently being made and came up with a number of keywords that people are looking for. We then organized the keywords into groups and this has given us some draft categories, however we still feel some further refinement is needed to make the categories more intuitive. Here are the categories (and sub-categories) we have so far:

Humiliation:
* Teasing, Punishing, Obeying, Forcing
* Toilet, Farting, Baby, Diaper
* Spoilt, Rich Girl, Princess
* Animal-like (Pork, Piggy, Pig, Hog, Cow, Milk, Animal, Livestock, Breed, Farm, Market)

Transformation:
* Fit to Fat
* Feminization
* Feeder to Feedee
* Weight gain (Gaining, XWG, Immobility, Obesity, Reunion)
* Breeding (Pregnancy, Family)

Personal Experiences:
* First person (POV, Diary, Dream)
* Lacking control (Addict, Bad Habits, Denial, Hypnosis)
* Competitive (Contest, Competition, Bet, Prize)

Family/Relationships:
* Parent/adolescent (Mummy, Daddy, Grandma, Stepmother)
* Pampering/indulging (Paradise, Lazy, Holiday, Home, Dumpling, Dough, Nerd, Pet, Princess, Prince, empathy, Feeding)
* Peer relationships (Wife, Husband, Sister, Brother, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Friends, Friend, Mutual, Couple)
* Secret feeding, Helpless, Weak

College Fiction:
* Teacher/Student
* Freshman/Jock/Cheerleader
* Roommates

Thriller:
* Revenge (Cheating Partner, Jealous Stepsister, Envious Friend)
* Kidnapping (Blackmail, Captive, Captured)

Horror:
* Vore (Canibalism, Meat, Death)
* Supernatural/Paranormal (Witch, Ritual, Halloween, Curse)
* Master/Slave (Mistress, Master, Slave, Servant)

Science Fiction:
* Quarantine (Vaccination, Pandemics, Lock Down, Big Brother)
* Apocalypse (Aliens, End of World)
* Experiments (Medical, Scientific, Pills, Doctors)

Adult Rating:
* PG|, Adult

* Do your own stories easily fit into one or more of the categories above?
* How would you categorize the above to make it as intuitive as possible?
2 years

Very good. It should garner more interest. What about the sale of old stories? What happened to that idea?
2 years

I feel like mine would have a hard time fitting in to these genres.
My work is like trying to put Tarantino's scripts onto a foot fetish site. You'll have a few pages of intense kink-related scenery then the rest is an epic tale.
I would have more than just a few pages of fat kink stuff certainly, but there's a world around it that needs to be built up.
Also, fan-fiction is something I've toyed with and probably will involve in future works and maybe even some fourth-wall breaking techniques.
I guess we could call it "Hollywood-Style":
*Actor/Actress Weight Gain for role
(maybe Casting Couch)
*Deconstruction of Fat Tropes in Pop Culture ( including Fourth Wall)
*Epic story involving weight gain
*Fan-fiction
2 years

Well there seems to be something here for just about everyone. smiley I guess most of my stuff would be under "weight gain" and maybe some under "pregnancy" or "spoilt princess." There are probably other categories as well.

Will we be able to select multiple categories that our stories fit into?
2 years

My only comment on the current selection is there is just two categories "male" and "female". I would like to see a "mutual" category there as well.
2 years

I would need to know more about specifically *how* these would work. And if the sub-categories you listed would be specified. will there be limits? minimiums? I'm thinking like an AO3 tag-wrangling kind of thing, that sort of sorting would be f a n t a s t i c
2 years

fanedfox:
My only comment on the current selection is there is just two categories "male" and "female". I would like to see a "mutual" category there as well.

Also way more across the entire gender spectrum. trans, gnc, nb, not specified, etc.
2 years

fanedfox:

I agree, a mutual category would be helpful for me.
2 years

A separate category for 2nd person stories would also be really useful.
2 years

I like the Dimensions system but I think it can be added upon.

They have categories for BBW, BHM, and Both depending on whether the gainer in the story is the man or woman or its mutual gaining. However I think the system would benefit from an LGBT category.

You can also search by tags there so that would be a nice feature.

We might also want to differentiate the circumstances of weight gain into "enthusiastic," "accepting," "reluctant," or "forced," just for trigger warning purposes.

Finally I like how Dims has its Special Interest archive which is basically the speculative fiction stories. As a huge sci-fi/fantasy nerd I would love a category where the weight gain is secondary to the plot abd we're all about weird fat space rangers or whatever.

But I'll take what I can get.
2 years
123   loading