Gaining

Tracking calories

Do you track your daily calories? If so how are you doing it?
2 years

Tracking calories

I don't actually track my daily calories, of course I know what is more fattening.

When I binge eat, I like to total up the calories I have taken in. I use the nutrition guides on the food containers, based on serving sizes and total up what I have eaten and how much. When I have binged I try for three thousand to thirty five hundred calories in a "sitting".
2 years

Tracking calories

I sometimes use MyPlate to make sure I'm eating enough, and I usually fall short. It's quite accurate, you can set goals, and it's not too hard to use.
2 years

Tracking calories

i use fatsecret.com to track my calories consumed and burned (it's free, and the pick list of foods and restaurants is extensive which makes it fast for me):

fatsecret.com

and if you want to see what the impact will be over time, this body weight calculator can help turn calories (like those from fatsecret) into pounds over time:

fatcalc.com/bwp

it is good enough it can make a projection based on how active you are vs what you are eating on a regular basis.

*edit: fatcalc.com no longer allows for calculations that go well beyond the "acceptable" bmi range. smiley i just tried to update mine, and it wouldn't give me the calc to 400 lbs. smiley i guess too many of us fatties were using it for "unhealthy" purposes smiley
2 years

Tracking calories

canuck:
i use fatsecret.com to track my calories consumed and burned (it's free, and the pick list of foods and restaurants is extensive which makes it fast for me):

fatsecret.com

and if you want to see what the impact will be over time, this body weight calculator can help turn calories (like those from fatsecret) into pounds over time:

fatcalc.com/bwp

it is good enough it can make a projection based on how active you are vs what you are eating on a regular basis.

*edit: fatcalc.com no longer allows for calculations that go well beyond the "acceptable" bmi range. smiley i just tried to update mine, and it wouldn't give me the calc to 400 lbs. smiley i guess too many of us fatties were using it for "unhealthy" purposes smiley

LOL! I'm currently 165lns and it wouldn't allow me to put in 180. Now, I also lift weights, so that clearly isn't taken into consideration, either. They don't need to know I wanna get fat and muscle. 😜
2 years