Clothes padding

Tips for padding with water?

I’ve always just used trash bags but I’m just so afraid of them spilling. Also finding clothes or ways to hold up the weight of the water is difficult. Anyone have any tips or ideas?
3 years

myskillerzz:
I’ve always just used trash bags but I’m just so afraid of them spilling. Also finding clothes or ways to hold up the weight of the water is difficult. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

You might try the bladders from "Camelbacks". They're made out of heavy plastic but might be expensive. I have another suggestion, Solar shower bags, these usually hold five gallons of water, again heavy duty plastic construction much cheaper to buy too. I think, even heavy duty trash bags would be too thin and hard to seal. Just a couple of thoughts, I hope this helps.
2 years

Someone needs to get on designing bodysuits that can do this. There are the blueberry suits that inflate; some cheap and some really nice, now if they can construct some with bladders imagine what that would feel like!

It may be worth pursuing looking into fake pregnancy bellies. Some are body-suit style where you can insert what you need (e.g. watertight bladders) and others are silicone - they're meant to be dense and heavy to mimic that it feels like to carry a fetus and be more realistic looking. They're obviously more expensive but are single-purchase and won't ruin your carpet smiley
2 years

I use a 36" Latex balloon from Amazon, filled Gel Beads then with approx 6ltrs of water. The Gel Beads absorb the water (or most of it) . It's tricky getting the quantity right (enough water absorbed vs too solid) but if right it works well. You get the weight without the worry of biblical floods!!
2 years

I've done a bit of padding using many small water balloons (just regular balloons from the dollar store, filled with as much water as they easily hold). Because each balloon is not stretched out it is not easy to break, and if one does leak it is not a lot of water. The downsides of course is that it is fiddly to fill and tie up large numbers of balloons, and you need to find a way to contain them all, and smooth out the slight lumpiness (I think a towel between them and snug spandex might work, but didn't get to try that yet). One plus is that it is easy to add or remove some balloons to get the volume about right.
2 years

ValTV:
I use a 36" Latex balloon from Amazon, filled Gel Beads then with approx 6ltrs of water. The Gel Beads absorb the water (or most of it) . It's tricky getting the quantity right (enough water absorbed vs too solid) but if right it works well. You get the weight without the worry of biblical floods!!

THIS IS BRILLIANT! I've never thought of using gel beads.
I was thinking of using base gel but that adds more weight and less fill I believe.
2 years

I've heard people use wubble bubbles and shapeforming underwear.

I think one of the main issues is weight
2 years